Our Seniors Coordinator works with seniors and their families, helping seniors to remain in their homes longer through our Home Support program. Additional programs help seniors to stay connected within their community.
- Light Housekeeping – Basic light house-keeping service is available to seniors living in the Town & County of Barrhead, Fort Assiniboine and Goose Lake areas. The purpose of the program is to help seniors remain in their homes longer! Fees charged depend on level of income.
- Meals on Wheels – In conjunction with the hospital, hot meals are delivered during the supper hour to homes in Barrhead. Call the Hospital Kitchen at 780-674-2221 to sign up. FCSS coordinates the volunteer drivers.
- Collective Kitchen - Barrhead FCSS has a new program for Ages 60+. Two Tuesdays a month from 10am - 1pm in the FCSS building. Learn new cooking techniques, share a meal with others, and take a meal home with you. Registration is required and space is limited to 6 participants.
- Pie & Coffee Time – Refreshments, snacks, friendly conversation, table games, and live music (Thursdays from 2-3:30pm) at FCSS. Entry is $3.00 at the door
- Group Fitness – Simple and effective exercises for older adults emphasizing flexibility, balance and strength (Thursdays 10:30 to 11:30) at FCSS. No Charge
- Monthly Seniors Dinners – Serves full hot meals, desserts and refreshments along with short a topic of interest presentation. 3rd Friday during the months of Feb through May and Sept through Nov at the Seniors Drop-In Centre. Cost $15.00 per person. Registration is required. Please call FCSS to register at 780-674-3341. The dinners are starting up again on September 19th, 2021 at the Seniors Drop-In Centre.