THRIVE – Prevention of Family Violence Program
Our mentor works one on one with individuals experiencing intimate partner/relationship abuse.
- Explore the cycle of abuse
- Explore how abuse has affected the client
- Assessment for risk of intimate partner homicide
- Develop individual client safety plans
- Outreach court support
- Connect clients to agencies and appropriate services – counseling, court orders, protection orders, educational programs, cultural programs
- Referral to ‘Creating Change’ program – separate men’s and women’s treatment program for individuals wishing to understand relationship abuse and wanting to make changes in their lives.
- Elder Abuse
- Work with elderly clients
- May assist family members in making connections and accessing resources and services